- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 1/2 ounces ginger liqueur
- Cucumber slice for garnish
1. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
4. Garnish with a cucumber slice.
Ginger is a great cocktail flavor which has become more popular in recent years, particularly since the release
of Domaine de Canton (a ginger liqueur). La Coloniale is as simple as the Ginger Martini but uses gin instead of
vodka, which adds a depth to the drink. What you do want to do is use a premium gin - something like Tanqueray
or Bombay Sapphire - to balance out the ginger-botanical profile of the cocktail. Many of the value gins lack the
complexity necessary to pull this drink off well. The cucumber slice is a nice touch here as well because it adds
subtle freshness to the drink and works well against the ginger.
Got a favorite cocktail recipe you'd
like to share? Send it to us!