the night and day
- 2 ounce cognac (1 ounce per cocktail)
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier (1/2 ounce per cocktail)
- 1/4 ounce Campari (1/8 ounce per cocktail)
- 4 ounces champagne - or to fill the glass (approximately 2 ounces per cocktail)
- Fill your glass with crushed ice
- Add cognac, Grand Marnier and Campari
- Fill to the top with Champagne.
- Gently stir
Helpful tips: As you add ingredients to the glass of crushed ice, the ice will melt somewhat so don't be afraid to add more.
Use the BEST ingredients you can afford: premium ingredients make a more delicious drink, especially when the cocktail is 100% alcohol.
Use your preferred brand of cognac (I recommend Courvoisier) but definitely use Grand Marnier (over triple sec) for the orange flavor.
This recipe doesn't call for a lot of champagne, so unless you're ready to drink it soon after opening, buy it in the small bottles whenever you can find them.
You don't need to buy premium champagne for this cocktail.
Got a favorite cocktail recipe you'd
like to share?
Send it to us!